- post by: #TooRealForTV
- July 14, 2017
Is This List Proof Conor McGregor Has a Problematic History of Making Racist Comments?
The UFC superstar caught immediate backlash for saying the racist comment to Mayweather during their first promo stop in Los Angeles on Tuesday. But he inexplicably repeated the same statement on Wednesday in Toronto.
And sadly, McGregor seems to have a problematic history of making racist comments to hype up his fights, dating back at least a few years. Here’s a list of some of his racially-charged statements.
- CONOR MCGREGOR HAS NOW TOLD MAYWEATHER TO ‘DANCE FOR ME, BOY’ DURING THE FIRST TWO STOPS OF THEIR JOINT PROMO RUN
- What racially charged statement will the 28-year-old say next?
- DURING THE SAME PROMO STOP IN TORONTO YESTERDAY, MCGREGOR SAID THAT MAYWEATHER ‘CAN’T EVEN READ’
- We’ve heard this jab against Mayweather used before, but people thought this, too, was tinged with racism.
- AND THOSE INSULTS CAME AFTER HE INITIALLY TOLD MAYWEATHER TO ‘DANCE FOR ME, BOY’ TO KICK OFF THEIR PROMO JAUNT IN L.A. ON TUESDAY
WHEN ASKED BY ‘JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE!’ PERSONALITY GUILLERMO IF HE COULD BEAT ROCKY IN ‘ROCKY III,’ MCGREGOR RESPONDED BY SAYING, ‘THAT WAS THE ONE [WITH] THE DANCING MONKEYS IN THE GYM?’
AND WELL BEFORE THE PROMOTION OF THIS FIGHT, MCGREGOR HAS SPEWED RACIST COMMENTS — LIKE THE TIME HE CALLED UFC FIGHTER NATE DIAZ A ‘CHOLO GANGSTER FROM THE HOOD’ LAST YEAR
- Nate Diaz is a Mexican-American MMA fighter who was born and raised in Stockton, California, which touts a big Mexican population.
- IN PROMOTION OF HIS DECEMBER 2015 UFC BOUT AGAINST JOSE ALDO, MCGREGOR TOLD THE BRAZILIAN FIGHTER THAT HE WOULD ‘INVADE HIS FAVELA ON HORSEBACK’
IT’S MOUNTING EVIDENCE LIKE THIS THAT LEAVES MANY CALLING MCGREGOR A ‘RACIST’
- It’s hard to argue against it when you count up the comments.
AND IT’S THAT TAG THAT HAS MANY FIGHT FANS YEARNING TO SEE MAYWEATHER KNOCK HIM OUT ON AUGUST 26
- Will Money’s hands make the outlandish UFC star pay?